A group of 37 school children hailing from remote and far flung areas of Kupwara and Handwara Distt of Kashmir region called on Sh. Nasir Kamal,Spl Director General (Ops) BSF at BSF HQ, CGO Complex, New Delhi on 06th December 2019. The students in the age group of 10-18 years are on a Bharat Darshan Tour from 02nd December 2019 to 07th December 2019 organized by the BSF.
2. The concept of Bharat Darshan Tours for the children from Jammu & Kashmir was started as an annual feature in the year 2000. The entire expenditure on the tours is met by BSF out of the funds provided by the MHA. These children are selected for Bharat Darshan as a part of intensive Civic Action Programme of the force in remote and backward areas of the border.
3. The SDG (Ops) BSF informed that Bharat Darshan tour has widened horizons and given the children an opportunity to see the diversities of the nation.
4. The children then shared their experiences of visits to different historical places and thanked the BSF and the Government of India for organizing tours of this nature.
5. This tour is conducted to give them insight into the rich historical, cultural and social profile of the country and the progress made in Industrial, technological and scientific fields. The tour also aims at inculcating in them a sense of pride for the nation.
6. As a part of the programme, the children were taken to Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Buland Darwaja, Parliament House, Rashtrapati Bhawan, India Gate, National War Memorial, Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar, Red Fort (Lal Qila) etc. BSF included air journey from Srinagar to New Delhi and back to give new experiences to tour participants
7. Till date 1793 persons comprising of 1726 children and 67 Old aged persons from J&K have participated in BSF sponsored Bharat Darshan Tours.